Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Yoyo loach behavior
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rotem
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.01.24(Sat)0:42    Post subject: Yoyo loach behavior Reply with quote

Hi people,

My 29g tank has a Yoyo loach in it, and I need to beef up my cleaning crew so I was thinking of getting him some friends. I've been reading and some of the websites say that they prefer to be in groups and some say that they should be alone.
So does anybody has any experiance with these loaches?

Another question is how would my loach react to a bunch of cory cats sharing the bottom of the tank with him?

- Rotem.
Carmen
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.01.24(Sat)8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love YO YO's. I have one Yo Yo in a 15 Gallon with non agressive barbs and gourami. Had cories with YO YO and cory did not like the stress of him touching and does some chasing. I have heard of Yo Yo and cories together , but I did not like them together. I would get more Yo Yo's as I have a 45 Gallon with 4 Yo Yo's . Yo Yo can get to 3" long,so these are nice size for smaller tanks . Mine is 3" long and he grew fast if your water is good and I fed sinking pellets.They are hardy and easy to maintain in tanks. Mine play and come out all the time to see me. They do chase fish, but they move so slow that other fish are gone in a flash! They like to see what other fish are up to, not mean, just curious. They are put in the semi aggressive group. I have never had them hurt a fish, they will chase a cory to panic on the bottom of tank. I think species together are more interesting to watch. Cories like there own kind too.
Pam
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.01.25(Sun)16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoyo's get to be a minimum of 4"...and pretty fast - I've had mine a year, and they went form 1" to 3.5" in that time...They are also a big, round, thick bodied fish as they mature. They like at least one friend, preferably more. I think even 2 in a 29 gallon might be a lot once they're grown. Check out www.loaches.com for more info... Maybe zebra loaches instead?
Mr. Coffee
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.01.25(Sun)17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebra loaches for a 29g? I think you should try stone loaches, good for the smaller tanks and VERY amusing swim patterns Smile I've seen zebras refused for tanks much bigger than that. However stone loaches, from what I've seen, need a fair amount of playmates, but judging from the gargantuan amount I've seen in one tank at lfs they don't take very much off the ol' bioload.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: