Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My new baby... (revisited one year later...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.01.19(Mon)1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Tommy! I'm really happy for you and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun seeing this baby grow to full size just as I did with mine. Sherry's description is exactly how I heard it was being done last I checked, a couple years ago. It's still young but I'm willing to bet it's a male, and in this case you're lucky if you ever try to breed him because all you have to do is throw in 2-3 hoochie momma JD's and let him choose Wink
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.01.19(Mon)8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:
It's still young but I'm willing to bet it's a male, and in this case you're lucky if you ever try to breed him because all you have to do is throw in 2-3 hoochie momma JD's and let him choose Wink

Yes, fishstoreguy, can you please direct me to the 'hoochie momma JD' section of the store?
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool OK, I'm reviving this thread because I thought you all might like to see my baby now that he turned a year old Laughing

When I got him a year ago January he was about 2 inches in length and like someone said kind of a strange color pattern. Nothing could have prepared me for what he would look like a year later Smile

This is "Jack" now...8 inches long and master of my "new" 55g tank where he has lived since September(?)

Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a stunningly beautiful fish, Tommy, but I have to say, that's the weirdest scale pattern I've ever seen! Assuming the trailing edges of the scales are darkly colored, it's almost like there are swirl patterns with some scales overlapping forward! Think you could manage a closeup for curiosity's sake?

2la
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Drool*...Tommy that is hands down the best BD pic I've had the pleasure to see. We need to get that photo in the Gallery section, in replacement of my own dear old BD! (you have no idea how much it hurts to say that Wink )
Tommy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos wrote:
*Drool*...Tommy that is hands down the best BD pic I've had the pleasure to see. We need to get that photo in the Gallery section, in replacement of my own dear old BD! (you have no idea how much it hurts to say that )

Thanks Marcos, yeah, I've been a little hesitant to post a recent picture of Jack because I didn't want to make you feel bad Wink Just kidding. You are welcome to add the picture to the profile I am pleased that you like it.

2la wrote:
That's a stunningly beautiful fish, Tommy, but I have to say, that's the weirdest scale pattern I've ever seen! Assuming the trailing edges of the scales are darkly colored, it's almost like there are swirl patterns with some scales overlapping forward! Think you could manage a closeup for curiosity's sake?

Thanks 2la. Unfortunately I'm still using an older 2.3 MP camera and it just doesn't take very clear shots up close. This next on is about as close up as I could get it. I agree that it is a strange pattern. Almost looks like a scar pattern or similar. I rule that out for sure though since he has never even been in a tank with anything more agressive than keyholes.

Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy wrote:
You are welcome to add the picture to the profile I am pleased that you like it.

Well, I siezed the moment, bypassed the 100+ photos in line to add on the site and put up your pic already. My baby now proudly embelishes the second page for the Blue Dempsey Wink

BTW, I'm now more inclined to think you've got a female...but you're the owner, what do you think?
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fish with cowlicks--who'd've thunk it? Smile
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:
Well, I siezed the moment, bypassed the 100+ photos in line to add on the site and put up your pic already.

Oh My!, Jack's a star now...I'm SO proud. :sniff:

Quote:
BTW, I'm now more inclined to think you've got a female...but you're the owner, what do you think?

Shocked Jackie? I really don't know. He/She has in the last few months grown into his/her fins and up until that happened he/she had that very long flowing dorsel fin which extended back past the end of the tail leading me to believe more that it's a male. I really don't know at this point.

2la wrote:
A fish with cowlicks--who'd've thunk it?

Not that I'm planning on hauling Jackie down to the ACA show in Texas this year, but you have got me wondering if this would be considered a "flaw" by a judge? Hmmm...Anyone know any ACA judges?
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.16(Wed)0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lookin fish, I can only hope that I can have as amazing results with my babies.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: