Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Gold fish having babies in winter?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfan4life
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.12.27(Sat)18:21    Post subject: Gold fish having babies in winter? Reply with quote

Hey my mom and I found babie gold fish in our pond 6 days ago I was just wantting to know if its normal for them to have babies in the winter? I meen its so cold and the water haves a thin layer of ice shouldnt they be in hibernation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.27(Sat)20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

How large ar ethe babies? It is possible that they were born late summer and you only are noticing them now?
Packerfan4life
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.12.27(Sat)22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

man there small about half an inch about! but the thing is we cleaned the pond out befor winter and we seen nothing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kagh't
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.12.28(Sun)15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably been in there since summer. you may not have seen anything because they went hiding away somewhere, goldfish fry are very small for their first few months of life!
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: