Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 66G tank~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenL
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.08(Sat)21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_proff wrote:
I can't believe I havn't said anything on this post yet. I just wish to congrtulate you on creating such a simple, yet lush aquascape. you have inspired me, because it looks easy enough to clean with open spaces. due to recent problems( Confused )with life, I believe I need to create an easy to clean setup. I really like your tank, very relaxing Smile

Thanks for the compliments~ Very Happy
I guess we both have the same goals - create something that's interesting to look at but as little work as possible~~ LOL...my experience is that driftwood, rocks, moss and ferns are the building blocks for this kind of tanks.

This was my old 48G tank...it was a lazy tank for a lazy person....
I kinda miss the old aquascape now... Confused
sharksgalore
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the bolbitus fern the one in front of the tall grass on the right?
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharksgalore wrote:

Yup. Pretty, isn't it?
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven, good to hear from you again! What have you been doing with yourself these days? Tank looks GREAT, again in that subtle, understated way. The background helps, too. Wink I can understand missing the old aquascape, but the new one's just as good (just different!). Keep us updated with your pictures and quit being a stranger!

Very Happy

2la

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

2la wrote:
Steven, good to hear from you again! What have you been doing with yourself these days? Tank looks GREAT, again in that subtle, understated way. The background helps, too. Wink I can understand missing the old aquascape, but the new one's just as good (just different!). Keep us updated with your pictures and quit being a stranger!

Very Happy

2la

Hey Tula, thanks for the compliments~ Very Happy
I was here all the time but I rarely posted~

Anyway the tank is not done yet...I just bought more cardinals and they are in the quarntinee tank now...can't wait to put them into the 66~

and as a proud owner of a canon powershot S230 digital camera I can guarantee that an updated picture is on the way~ LOL
StevenL
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

ophie wrote:
sharksgalore wrote:

Yup. Pretty, isn't it?

I bought the fern in my local fish club's auction...the credit should be given to one of my fellow club members since he gave it so much good lighting, co2, and fertilziation....LOL~

I notice it is now growing slowly like the java fern in my tank...expected~ Wink
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

your older setup was simple, but like the present one, it's gorgeous in it's simplicity. How do you have such success with your java moss and ferns? mine are growing (I think Smile )but not vefy well...how do you get them so green and lush?

seems like you have a naturall artisic mind to create very serene setups with only few plants. Smile
StevenL
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_proff wrote:
your older setup was simple, but like the present one, it's gorgeous in it's simplicity. How do you have such success with your java moss and ferns? mine are growing (I think Smile )but not vefy well...how do you get them so green and lush?

seems like you have a naturall artisic mind to create very serene setups with only few plants. Smile

With the low tech setup that I have no way I can grow ferns that green and lush...I managed to take a pic soon after I bought those beautiful and lush ferns from the store... Wink The ferns that I have in my 66G now are the ones in the old 48G...they do grow but they don't have that lush look anymore~

And I don't' have an artistic mind....LOL...I just enjoy moving things in the tank around to see how they look...
but some day when I have a lot of spare time I am gonna try a high tech setup...I have too many constraints with the current one... Confused
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, okay Wink
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.03.09(Sun)14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful tank love the driftwood. What are you using to hold it down? Or has it soaked long enough.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: