Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Question about Goldfish
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Starfish
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.15(Mon)17:39    Post subject: Question about Goldfish Reply with quote

Do goldfish like to have things to hide in? Like logs, castles, things like that. I have a goldfish and am wondering.
Sasha
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.16(Tue)1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about logs and castles and stuff but my goldfish live in a heavily planted tank and they love to weave around between the stems of the taller plants... so I suppose that's a yes - I also imagine that they like to have a little spot to hide and feel secure.
cuckoo for fish
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.16(Tue)23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. There should be a little bit of plants ( fake or real) in a goldfish tank just so they have a place to feel secure. With ornaments like castles and such you have to be careful in placing them with your goldies. Some have sharp edges which could damage your goldies beautiful tails. Its not bad to have them in your tank, I'm sure the goldies enjoy it and it sure looks great, but the bottom deal is they don't have to be there.
anonapersona
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.12.17(Wed)14:48    Post subject: Bare is better Reply with quote

The less stuff like that the easier it is to clean.

A goldfish should be be-bopping around the tank, not sitting or hiding.

That is a warning flag. Possible parasites or illness. Do more water changes and see if that perks him up.

He needs 10 gallons or more per fish, with large water changes weekly, 50% is best, 25% is OK.

When my goldfish sat on the floor, I knew the nitrates were rising. Nitrates always made him sad, he would sit on the floor and pout.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: