Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Lighting for a nano reef
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TetraKeeper808
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.11.11(Tue)18:34    Post subject: Lighting for a nano reef Reply with quote

I plan on tearing down a 10g fw and going sw. I plan on having only 1-2 fish but I want to go coral, live. what lighting is good. could I use regular flourescents, if so what kind. I can't spend a ton of $$$ just on lighting, so if there is an inexpensive way, please let me know, thanks.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thers no inexpensive way to get around lighting. But for a 10 gall you could go with maby power compacts and stick with leathers, mushrooms, and polyps. Also with this being your first sw tank I would really suggest reading reading and more reading. The smaller the tank the more the parameters can change more rapidly. Nanos are a lot more touchy then a big tank.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.12.06(Sat)17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with karlas read a lot. you might want to check out www.nano-reef.com which is a huge wegsite based on nano reefs.
2 winged demons
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.13(Sat)12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey. I have a nano reef too and power compact is a plus. BUt if you want to kinda save some money on power compact. Instead of paying 50 -80 bucks for power compact. just go buy a nano cube. 12 gallons. it bought mine for 100 bucks plat. no tax. I believe fish store buy them for 65 dollars a piece. So haggle if you could. ...
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: