Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Emperor 400 sprung a leak..need help!!
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solidsolo
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.06(Sat)15:23    Post subject: Emperor 400 sprung a leak..need help!! Reply with quote

Confused As the topic says, My emperor 400 power filter sprung a leak on the bottom canisters, which is leaking water all over. Its a pretty constant drip. Anyway, is this worth fixing with some simple duct tape or should I just return it and get another one...

I love the filter itself so I don't want to go w/out one but not sure if its worth fixing because it may present a problem in the future.. thanks for your input.

Maybe theres a better way to fix it?? pretty much just plastic but the drip is coming from a small crack..never dropped it before so not sure how this crack came about.
MotoHead
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.07(Sun)0:42    Post subject: silicone Reply with quote

I would try some rtv type silicone.is water proof.make sure the surface is dry efore you do it.scuff it with sandpaper too.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.16(Tue)9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just got it I would return it. It might be under the store warrenty the normal 30-60 days or so after purchase. If not Marine land holds there warranties for a year. Instead of messing with it.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: