Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Where is my nudibranch??? I can't find it in my tank!!! help
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.27(Thu)3:36    Post subject: Where is my nudibranch??? I can't find it in my tank!!! help Reply with quote

someone help me. I have a 29 gal tank eclipse and I have some fishes and a nudibranch and they live happily together for about 1 month but recently I haven't seen my nudibranch anywhere. anyone has any idea where it is? I tried looking for its body thinking it was dead but I can't seem to find it. Could it be eaten? its tank mates are 3 percula clowns one fire goby and one damsel. ALso I have flower pot shrom and xmas tree and One fire clam. My tank has plenty of hiding places. COuld It be DEAD???!!!! COuld it be eaten?? or sucked up by the filter? can someone help me?
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the species of fish you mentiond I highly doubt it was eaten. How big is your nudibranch? Do you have rock? If so it could be in your rock. Have you lookin in your filter they have been known to get sucked into filters and powerheads. How are the other inhabitants in the tank? Health looking , acting OK? When most nudibranches die they can release toxins that can kill a tank if everything seems fine it might not be dead. Have you looked outside the tank it may have gotten out some how also?
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.02(Tue)1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks karlas. I am gonna check my filter again . heheh and may be move some of my rocks around
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.02(Tue)3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing a lot of critters are nocturnal so you might not see it during the day if its got a good place to hide it might come out only at night. After the lights go out check with a flashlight.
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.03(Wed)1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh I haven't thought about nocturnal creature... thanks I am gonna try it right now -)
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.12.06(Sat)17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi um if you can't find your nudibranch I might have an idea where he could be. lets say I had an eclipse three and I bought an nudibranch. got him home watched him move around and explore.....then I watched him crawl over the intake and he didn't just get sucked in one slit of the intake grate he got sucked into about 4. turned of the fitler to see if he was alive. well he wasn't. RIP. I hope yours is alright.
2 winged demons
slash529
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.14(Sun)9:29    Post subject: Re: Where is my nudibranch??? I can't find it in my tank!!! Reply with quote

Is the lid on your tank 100% covered?
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.14(Sun)22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it is an eclipse cover..
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: