Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
any idea of how to stack a nano reef tank?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.17(Mon)19:33    Post subject: any idea of how to stack a nano reef tank? Reply with quote

So I didn't listen and bought a nano cube. how can I stack reef as nice I normally see it?? do they use a lot of live rock? or one big piece right in the middle of the tank? anyone that stack a nano cube before? please tell me a thing or two. thank you.
MotoHead
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.18(Tue)18:34    Post subject: whatever Reply with quote

I just cannot believe you bought something that is almost next to impossible to keep up with when you really should have spent the money on a protein skimmer for your tank that you already have massive amounts of problems with.I feel sorry for the fish in your bigger tank and certainly feel sorry for whatever you put in the nano.disgusting.sorry nothing helpful for you here
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.18(Tue)20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no, I bought a protein skimmer for my other tank already. that is why I bought the nano cube. My other tank seem pretty nice and stable now. I bought some medicine for it to get rid of the algae and cynobacteria. my nano right now is just sitting there with some rock stacking and nothing yet.
Rmcm2424
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.30(Sun)15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size is the nano? I have a 20 gallon reef which I consider nano. It's at home and I'm in college so I can't post any pics right now, but I have 35 lbs of LR which is spread out along the bottom and not stacked very high, I have big pieces along the bottom with smaller pieces stacked up in the middle. It's a 4" sand bed and some mushroom and various various polyp corals, a pair of clowns, some blueleg hermits, astraea snails, and a mithrax crab which I'm hoping will eat some of that d@mn bubble algae. Give some more specific ?'s and I'll try to help but it's really a matter of personal preference.
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.30(Sun)23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a twelve tank nano cube. IT is one of those with the three stage filter in the back and power compact light on top. It wasn't a true 3 stage but I did some mod to it and now it is an overflow with 3 stage wet/dry. but yeah. 12 gallons with good lighting and current. I went to some fish store and they have really nice stacking. Lots of nice coral and stuff. I want sumthing with mainly coral with some shrimp and may be 1 fish.

How many lb of lve rock should I buy? what type of shrimp? I have 2 blue leg hermit already and 7 lb of live rock.... ohh yeah one last thing.. what types of coral? I was thinking xenia so far.. but no idea of what else to put in. thanks
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you obviously know not what you are doing with these tanks and animals' lives, and insist on refusing any and all help, I don't see why you keep posting. I really don't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Dude, obviously never seen any of my tanks. I am just trying to collect lots of idea together to build a nice tank. I am not one of those people who thinks they know everything, I always think that there are better ideas out there and I am willing to listen to it. wait till I get enough money to get a digital cam. I'll take some pix of my tanks and I'll prove to you that I am not a beginner.

OHhh and by the way. Old Salt taught me a lot and many aspect of my tank followed what he taught me.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darthvadersmom

How often do you do water changes? Smaller more frequent water changes can help with the cyano. Also improved circulation have you tried these for it?
Rmcm2424
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people say 1.5 lbs of LR/gallon so you need 18 lbs by that rule. Since you are NOT a beginner then you can put whatever you want in the tank as long as you are capable of keeping it alive. If you have good lighting then put whatever corals you want. You'll need to dose iodine and other trace elements for xenia, but since you're NOT a beginner you probably have all the stuff for coral, so go with whatever you like. Just do water changes every week and you should be fine.
Darthvadersmom
Members

PostPosted: 2003.12.02(Tue)1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a water change about once aweek... if I get lazy then once every two weeks....and the water circulation, I bought these valve.. don't know what they call.. but they are valve with about 9 eyes on them and each eye has an outlet that squirts out water. I hooked it up to a water pump put in the back of the nano. so I should having enough circulation...I think.

My next project is to build a calcium reactor.. anyone knows how it works? I am clueless when it comes to calcium reactor. and I admit I am a beginner when it comes to calcium reactor. Smile
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: