Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cement falling into pond!
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.10(Mon)19:33    Post subject: Cement falling into pond! Reply with quote

I have made a pond 16ft x 10ft x 3ft. It is constructed with PVC liner and around the top edge I have cemented bricks to cover the lip of the liner. The problem I have is that I cemented these bricks while the pond is full of water and some cement fell into the water clouding the whole pond over! This quickly cleared but there is a mixture of sand and grey sediment now on the bottom of the pond. Will this harm fish, will the water now be toxic? or should I drain the pond, wash it out and re fill it. This would be a lot of work and effort. At present there are no fish in the pond, I'll wait until spring. there is some wildlife that has moved into the pond however, a few diving beetles. They seem to be OK making me think that the water is safe. What should I do as I want to be sure about the water. Confused
uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.11.12(Wed)3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would test to see if the hardness level has risen dramatically.
sam
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.14(Fri)18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll do that and look out for a test kit.

Will the lime in the cement posion the water, and will there be other hidden toxins that test kits won't be able to pick up?
Confused
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: