Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
So I have a spare tank.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyravr
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.05(Wed)8:41    Post subject: So I have a spare tank. Reply with quote

....... and need some help deciding. The tank is a hexagon 22Gal. tank. My g/f bugs my @$$ to get couple of perc. clown fish in there. This will be my first salt water setup. I will have fish and some LR in there.

Anyone has an idea if this will work for 2 small fish like that ? I am no beginer to fish keeping as I am keeping cychlids so I more or less know the dos and donts... all comments are welcomed.

Ohhh yea... with LR is there special lighting required ?

thanks
GrendelPrime76
Members

PostPosted: 2003.11.05(Wed)18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is your first marine tank I wouldent go with percs, for a beginner I would go with the ocellaris as there more hardy, and live rock dosent need any special lighting to grow you can use straight floresents, in my opinion 2 clowns would be pushing it in a 22 hex as they would be severly restricted in there movement and if there not a mated pair there would be big time territory disputes which could end up in the death of 1 of them, just on a side note I read your sig and isnt that they saying for the honda element?
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.12.01(Mon)6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually perculas and ocellerous are both great beginner fish beginner fish and are both very hardy. You could go with 2 clowns in the 22 gall but that would be about it. Also both species are the easiest of the clowns to pair up the best bet is to pick a bigger one and a smaller one. The bigger one will be the female the smaller the male. With the lighting you would only have a fish only tank (no corals or clams). But there are other inverts that can be added to have a tank with variety like shrimp, crabs, snails, feather dusters for example. These species are commonly confused because they are so close in appearance http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/blpercula.htm.

As far as the lr and lighting the only thing that this would affect would be the color of your corraline. In bright light you get your purples and pinks. Where with your lower level lighting you can actually get greens, blues, yellows, and burgandy along with some other possible colors.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: