Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Dun-dun-DUN!
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainy
Members

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)17:34    Post subject: Dun-dun-DUN! Reply with quote

Hey there, thought I'd share a picture of my setup... Well, at least what it looked like when the photo was taken (late Jan/early Feb?)... I've moved the plants around a great deal, and the Hygrophila has been pruned and replanted once every 1-2 weeks since. Smile I'd say that's pretty d*mn good considering there isn't any CO2 supplementation (which I've mixed feelings about). -What I believe is Chinese Ivy (unmarked at LFS, but attempted to identify in the Plant Galleria, he he) has since doubled in size as well, and I haven't bothered splitting it... I'm honestly thanking my lucky stars that this tank has stayed above water (har-har Wink ), and even though *I* think it's been doing quite well despite all the abuse it takes from me, I'm sure one day I'll break down and fool around with the DIY (or pressurized) CO2 injections. Anyway, enough of the jabber! Here *it* is...

It has filled in a bit since this was taken, but I did remove about a *THIRD* (noooo!) of the Hygrophila and one of the smaller Swords for another setup. Rolling Eyes Oh, and if it looks a li'il cloudy, it IS. -I don't know if anyone remembers my post (way back whenever), but I'd expressed concern about problems with tannins, and then after changing my water a bajillion times, my water sustained a *fog* phase (yes, probably the bacteria screaming, "Woman, if you don't stop changing out that water...?!"). Smile Man I wish I had a digital camera!
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great...is that a 20 gallon long? I love low profile tanks like that. If done right they make great looking tanks. Yours is looking good. Are those tiger barbs hanging out on the bottom?
Tommi
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.01(Sat)8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tank Very Happy
Rainy
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.01(Sat)12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Yes, it's a 20 long, and no, those are not Tiger Barbs! Smile Those are 2/3 of the male Bleeding Heart Tetras (the other is probably congregatin' with the Skirt Tetra in the far back right corner). And of course, there are no shots of my Kuhlies (wish there were), but they're in there as well (in "The Cave").

Quote:
I love low profile tanks like that. If done right they make great looking tanks.

Thank you. Yeah, sometimes I feel a little ashamed that it's "low profile," because I've always dreamed of havin' a monster sized, honest-ta'-god planted tank/species tank (Rams! I want Rams!!). But hey, it's only a matter of time (this is what I continue to tell myself)!
Brobro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.01(Sat)16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that tank. IMO, anyone who has a maintained planted tank has a nice tank.

Jane
TetraKeeper808
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.06(Thu)15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering, where did you get that cave in the back right corner? I think I have the same one Very Happy anyways thats a nice tank, I would add a few more plants, just a few.
Rainy
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.06(Thu)19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I believe I picked that li'il cave up at PetsMart or somethin'... I'm not a huge fan of their *live* items (by any means), but when dealing with inanimate objects, I've got nothing on 'em. Smile I agree with you, totally, about adding more plants... Actually, just called up the LFS a couple of hours ago to ask and see if they'd had a recent shipment in, and they HAVE!

This next bit is OT (in relation to this thread, but it's *my* thread! Mine!), but I stopped by one of the LFS's the other day, to see if *they* had any live plants (nope), and I saw, for the very first time: a LUNGFISH! $50 it was goin' for, and it look like a freezer-burned sausage. Very Happy But it was pretty cool looking, moreso because I knew it was "special," with the whole surviving on land deal...

Anyway, thanks to everybody who posted responses, I appreciate comments, but even moreso constructive criticism. Have a good one! Wink
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: