Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
75 planted and 55 paludarium
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)12:37    Post subject: 75 planted and 55 paludarium Reply with quote

Here's the most recent photo of the 75 planted, and as you can see with the java moss rubber-banded to rocks in the foreground, it's always a work in progress! I tried to make it small enough to load quickly and fit on the page here, so if details are a little obscure, I apologize.

And, more recently, here is the paludarium! It is still very unstable, but the (submersed) plants are finally beginning to settle in, and the fish are fully stocked and happy and healthy. It contains a small school of rasbora het. and espei, my renegade white cloud (remember her from my old 5 gallon? She got a new home!), 5 cories (3 metae, 1 sterbai, 1 julii) and four female bettas. Setting this thing up wins the prize for biggest fish-tank-headache yet, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. An epiphytic orchid is planned for the left corner, so that's why it seems bare, and the terraced waterfall on the right is the return from the home-made filter.
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post pictures of the 30 breeder and the sri lankan biotope soon BTW. Both are coming along better than they have been. Neither have CO2, so the going is slow on both. They probably won't look much different than the last pics I posted, alas!

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Shocked

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Good job!! Very Happy In the paludarium, did you make the background? How long did it take you to design and get the system up? How much did it cost in the end? What size is the tank? I was considering making my own eventually.

Congrats again!!
Very Happy
Sky
sharksgalore
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you planning on adding any amphibians to the setup? I have always wanted to do that but never had the patience to do it.
Haus
Members

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jealous of your planted tank! It looks great! Shocked
Brobro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! what great tanks!

Jane
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW very nice Beautiful tanks
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments! It's nice to know I have someone to show the photos to, you know? Billy Bob from down the street just isn't too interested in fish tanks, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
In the paludarium, did you make the background? How long did it take you to design and get the system up? How much did it cost in the end? What size is the tank? I was considering making my own eventually.

I didn't make the background. It's one of those two-sided things made by Hagen or tetra probably. You can tell it's out of place. The tank was expecting Africans, but I spent so long sticking the background up that I left it there.

The design and its implementation was the biggest headache in the world. Especially the filter. I'm not sure how long it took, especially because of everything that went wrong. I would recommend to anyone attempting such a system to buy a real filter. Confused

It would also be really hard for me to estimate costs because it's one of those conglomeration tanks as far as hoods and gravel and stuff, and then I kept very poor records for the plants and other materials I bought at the time. Now that someone is asking, I feel bad for such remissions on my part.

Sorry to be of so little help! The tank is a standard 55gallon, though. At least I know that!

PostPosted: 2003.03.01(Sat)3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tanks look very nice Very Happy
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: