Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Newest food reciepe.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.10.26(Sun)12:31    Post subject: Newest food reciepe. Reply with quote

More of a meaty type.

Meats:
1/2cup Frozen Brine shrimp
8oz Salmon Filet without skin(Wild and Frozen)
8oz Frozen Crab meat
2oz Frozen Small Prawn
1tblspn Freeze Dried Daphnia

Veggies:
1.5cup Frozen mixed veggies
1hndful Fresh Spinach
1tblspn Powered Spurilina.*

Other:
3 cups of water.

Finely chopped meat. Add ingrediates to blender, water last. Blend to your desire. I had to use a spatula to keep shaking it up. Nobody was really intested in the fresh food mixuture, but they just ate. Made this morning, will hvae frozen results tomorrow morning or maybe this evening.

*Careful with this stuff, acts a lot like a green toner or a powdered ink(for those of you who've work with it).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.10.28(Tue)9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone likes it. They were a little taken back by the dark color because there was time over lap with the food.

It has netted 2 and 1/2 sandwich bags of food. Probably enough for a month or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mikezilla
Members

PostPosted: 2003.10.30(Thu)5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in some of your other posts, you wrote of the "snow globe" effect in the tank from your food.........

have you considered adding a gelatine to your recipes to control this? just an idea. Idea
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.10.30(Thu)9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acutally I like having that. It insures that the small tetra's, cories and other fish get food. If the angels could they would eat all of the food themselves. I mentioned it because I thought others might want to know. If I remember next time I'm at the health food store I'll get some seaweed gelatian to test with.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: