Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Has anyone used Organi Cure for marine ick?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Submarine_Street
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.10.20(Mon)17:41    Post subject: Has anyone used Organi Cure for marine ick? Reply with quote

Hello, I have a 55 gallon FOWLR, I just bought 2 tank raised ocellaris clown fish but they have marine ick, the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate are fine. I ask my LFS and they told me to used Organi-Cure and put 1 drop per gallon in my tank. I tried it but it's killing my snails and starfishes!

Does anyone know is organi-cure safe for live rocks?

If I use a 330 penguin filter in my 55 gallon tank how long would it take for the carbon to remove all the organi-cure from the tank?

Please help me, I'm so clueless about this product, thank you in advance
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.10.21(Tue)14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK go back to your LFS give them a drop per gallon in there invert tank.

GRRR Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

I hate when LFS's don't have a clue.

Its most likely a copper based medication which will surely kill your snails and starfish and is hard to get out of the tank.

Do some nice waterchanges(which will also help the ICK)

And pick yourself up some garlic extract.

The only sure cure for ICK is healthy fish and the garlic will help there system fight it. If the ICK doesn't have a host it can survive on it cannot flourish.

Exclamation Garlic LINK
http://www.petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/cgipagls?l=1&c=ABCD&s=garlic
Submarine_Street
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.10.21(Tue)22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the garlic advice SoS. I'll do water change everday to get rid of the copper as you say. I hope my LFS use their head next time, grr.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.10.31(Fri)6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes check to see if it had copper in the ingredients. Copper doesn't affect fish as bad as it does inverts and corals. The only thing is if you can find one try to get a copper test kit, copper is not that easy to get rid of once it is in the tank it can absorb in the rock, sand, cc, and even in the seals of the tank. It can be release later on in the tank. Do you have a quarenteen tank? This is best to treat sick fish and you can use copper if this is the only thing planned to use the tank for. But garlic does help add it to the food and let it soak good. Buf if anything try to get a copper kit just to make sure. Usually if a q-tank is used with copper the most it willl ever be good for is a fish only tank. Buf if not much was used you could be OK with it.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: