Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New to Forum.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonReed
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.10.09(Thu)5:18    Post subject: New to Forum. Reply with quote

Has to be said, great vault of information & forum. I have actually been reading most of the posts over the last few days before registering. Gained a lot of much needed knowledge.

I, myself, have only been fishkeeping for a few months. Dived straight into saltwater marine and it seems I have landed on my feet. Got a 35gal tank, Fluval 404 filter, single marine-glo tube, a few corals, a Domino Damsel, Regal Tang, Yellow Tang and crab and they have all been doing fine for the last few months. Not exactly major I know but it looks pretty cool. Thinking of trading in the fish to get a 100% coral tank. Seen a few pictures off the forum that has given me a few ideas. The pictures taken by board member SoS are terrific.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.10.14(Tue)5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum

I see you have a 35 gall with 2 tangs are you planning on going bigger? If not I would really trade the tangs in like you are considering. Tangs need big tanks with lots of room. Most species shouldnt be put in anything under a 75 gall some can go in a 55 but the smaller species.

As far as corals check into them before buying theres easy beginner corals and some very difficult to keep. Also different species of corals require more intense lighting than others. For example leathers, polyps, and mushrooms are lower light corals and good for beginners. Where most others need intense lighting. Just someting to check into before purchasing.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: