Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Plants for 20 and 25gal?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelicdeity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.22(Mon)1:51    Post subject: Plants for 20 and 25gal? Reply with quote

I am planting up my 20g and 25g tanks now, after removing a lot of plants, (ones that were not good and messing up the tanks).

The 20 gallon has about 20W of light (which I know isn't much) however it is all I can afford or talk my parents into getting. Also the avalibility of double hoods and such is not much where I live.
What sort of plants would be good? My anubias is doing excellently, but there isn't much else there at the momment.

In my 25 gallon I have a double hood (yipee) with an 12W and 18W globes (will try to up that, but money is scarce). I have some plants, but not much and I want to make it really densely planted. I have a CO2 system (which I bought a couple days ago) by Sera.
What sort of plants do you think would work and look nice, I am trying for a ram/ amazonian tank type (adding neons adn cories soon).

Thanks
panaque
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.22(Mon)2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubias nanna is an excellent low light plant. You might try some vals as they tend to grow up towards the lights. Go to the hardware store with your dad(usually not a hard thing to get them to do) and look at the smaller shoplights. Ask an employee in the lighting for a good full spectrum light. One of these on your tanks will greatly improve your results. And you can usually get them for less than $20 with bulb. Also you said that you just bought a CO2 system...you will want more light to make it work correctly. Good luck!
angelicdeity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.22(Mon)3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my 25 gallon has a kinda 'prebuilt' hood, that is fixed to the tank...you know its one of those tanks which is pre-contained...it has everything inside it. (its a Mirabello).
And my dad wouldn't know a hammer from a wrench...mum might be better...thanks for the help
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: