Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
flourite usage
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBootCR
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.18(Thu)13:16    Post subject: flourite usage Reply with quote

This question is for anyone who uses flourite by seachem. How many 7Kg bags would you buy for a 20gL tank? The footprint is 30"x12". I'm thinking two might do the job but do I need more? I'm thinking a 3" bed will be about what I need. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Also, I could do the research, but which plants would I want for a south american tank? Lighting is not an issue because I will be running 3W a gallon on this tank. I am thiking of doing a tank that is not quite strictly a biotope, but close to it. What I'm trying to say is that I'm looking to make a tank that is SA but not strictly from one region. Get it? Thanks all.
Rotem
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.18(Thu)13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out think thread....You'll get the needed calculations there:
http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6395
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.18(Thu)14:54    Post subject: Re: flourite usage Reply with quote

MrBootCR wrote:
I am thiking of doing a tank that is not quite strictly a biotope, but close to it. What I'm trying to say is that I'm looking to make a tank that is SA but not strictly from one region. Get it? Thanks all.

A friend of mine has created a really superb plant database that is categorized and searchable many different ways. His information is very extensive, take a look and I believe you will be impressed. And yes, you find just SA plants using his DB.

The Plant Geek Plant Database
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.18(Thu)20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that one bag per 10g works pretty good, so two in a 20g would be OK. If not you can always add some gravel to supplement it.
MrBootCR
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.19(Fri)12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. I think I'll go with 3 bags just to be certain(can never have too much as far as I'm concerned.) Also, thanks about the plants. I'm so going to order them online this time instead of looking for them at random pet stores. Any suggestions?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: