Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Few questions regarding planting my 20g community.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.15(Mon)11:26    Post subject: Few questions regarding planting my 20g community. Reply with quote

I have a 20g community tank.. 2 dwarf gouramis, 7 neons, and 3 otos. Right now I have plastic plants in there... and after looking at all these pictures of real plants in the photo album I would like to plant my tank with real plants... I currently am running the 20g with a penguin 170, ebo-jager 100w heater, and I have river rock pebble substrate. The biggest pieces are probably a little bigger then green peas. I'm running just the stock light that came with my hood... and I'm not sure what kinda light it is... Is there any site you guys can recommend for me to get on my way? Or any of you have recommendations? Thank you.
Type-R
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.09.15(Mon)17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Man! Oh errr Boy! Laughing
It really is very rewarding having real plants, as long as the little devils grow! Very Happy

Your substrate will be OK for planting but mixing in some Flourite would be even better.
Is the tank 30" long?
After recent enquiries on my part I would recommend a 1x55 watt power compact fluorescent using a 5300K tube. This will set you back $64 from AHsupply.com but I think you will be more than happy with the performance! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: