Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ram not eating! Please help quickly! PLEASE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.11(Thu)13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I heard about that. Oh, well, it's better than a bunch of dead fish and plants from meds. Rolling Eyes

Again thank you so much for the help! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.11(Thu)19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got some Maracide. But it's not the same ingredients that I read on the web. Confused Contains: Malachite Green and Chitosan. I'm assuming it's the same stuff. I mean they wouldn't just go change the ingredients like that...would they?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Type-R
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.09.12(Fri)6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it says Maracide by Mardel Labs and it's in date it must be the same stuff. There is no reason to suppose they haven't changed the ingredients, it's not like they have a legal obligation to tell anyone about it! Confused
I would proceed with the treatment, as I have said I have used Malachite green based meds on Rams and Tetras at half dosage in the past with no problems.
Also before you treat I would recommend you get your tank temperature up to 82-84, vacuum the gravel and do a 40% water change. Malachite green does not work as effectively if there is a high organic load in the water - hence the vacuum and water change.
Don't forget to keep treatment up for at least 3-4 days after the last white spot has gone off the fish. Good luck with it! Smile
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.12(Fri)8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry to say, but I just put the little guy down. He crashed to the bottom and was too weak to swim. I really doubt he was gonna last any more. Crying or Very sad
Type-R
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.09.12(Fri)9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is shame Sad
I assume you are still going to treat the tank though before you get an Ich explosion?
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.12(Fri)10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Of course.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: