Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Breeding Bristlenose
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)15:00    Post subject: Breeding Bristlenose Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience breeding bristlenose? I have two females, and I just added an albino male bristlenose to the tank. First of all, can/will a normal female and an albino male bristlenose breed? Second, what steps should I take to get them to do so? They're in a 75 gallon tank, all three are between 4 and 5 inches long.

-Travis
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.09(Tue)5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be able to, yes.

To get them started you need to provide a cylinder-shaped cave that the male can just barely fit into. He'll then lure the females into lay eggs, fertilize the eggs, and guard them well. To get him to breed you should do the same things you do for extra healthy bristlenoses...make sure water quality is top notch, feed well (mmmm...zuchini,) and give them a big water change to help put them in the mood.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.09(Tue)15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best thing to do to breed bristlenoses is feed them lots of bloodworm, lettuce, cucumber, give them some bogwood, and leave them to it.

this is how I've bred my little guys for years now, I don't pester them, and they get down and jiggy with it. thats why they're commonly known as the easiest plec to breed.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: