Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pleco stripped my plants nearly :(
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Chris
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)11:17    Post subject: Pleco stripped my plants nearly :( Reply with quote

Just a warning to anyone who is thinking of getting a velvet pleco for a planted tank.

I got this pleco unintentionally, it stowed away in some plants I got from my lfs some time ago, thinking nothing of it, and quite pleased that I have got a free fish Laughing I stuck him in the tank and that was that.

Well last week I got my order of plants ready to re-scape the tank, re-scaped it all using allot of Amazon swords.

Today I noticed most of them had leaves stripped! And what did I see stripping the leaves, the pleco! He's a right little plant muncher! Mad

So, out came the nets and bag and the pleco is now at my lfs, I traded him for some food. Rolling Eyes

Thing I want to know is will the leaves grow back, repair etc... Or not? Here
revengeishere
Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. Amazon swords are on my hard to kill plant list. They will grow back those leaves in no time. But they won't repair the damage ones. Just be patient and it will grow back.

PS: they are fast growers, too.
Mr Chris
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that Cool .

I had just got a nice aquascape to show you guys and then thet little bugger goes and chows down on my lovley new plants Evil or Very Mad .

Still, good to know they will grow back.

I have a fertilizer in one of the filters, a pro-aqua plant "tea bag" thing that's pretty good, so lets hope that does the trick and helps the swords on their way Wink

Thanks Cool
revengeishere
Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and it seems like you have a high tech tank.

I have a 75 gallon low tech tank(supplemental sunlight, no co2, no fertilizing, and my amazons are just starting to grow. I just had them last week and they seem to be doing really well. Yours should do better
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: