Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Great tank, odd shape, no lid! Help, please!
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meg
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)10:04    Post subject: Great tank, odd shape, no lid! Help, please! Reply with quote

Hi, I made a tank a while ago, thirty gallon, respectivly, and have run into a large problem: The tank is an odd shape to start with (a "V-shape", it goes into a corner on its v-shaped cabinet) and, despite my research, can find nothing suitable to make a lid for it. Wood warps, clay, even fired is too heavy, and plastic is unavailable. I don't care about how fancy it is, or really what it looks like, as it is just a temp solution til I can find something better. (My other fish are growing too large for the 15 gallon, and need to be moved soon)
I am thinking about teflon, in the large white sheets. If anyone has any ideas, they will be MUCH appreciated, believe me.

thank you again, please help,
~meg
Mario
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg, go to Home Depot or a similar home improvement store. You should be able to find clear Plexi Glass. By a sheet and cut it to the right size- this is done by scoring the Plexi Glass on one site with a carpet knife and then snapping the two pieces apart. Alternatively, you can find yourself somebody who still works with glass (maybe the person who cut the glass for your odd-shaped tank) and have him make you a glass lid.

Hope either of these options will work for you... mario
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following what Mario said, you can buy a replacement plastic hinge and cut it to size. This way you can you can have a hinged lid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: