Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Has anyone heard of these?
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.06(Sat)11:25    Post subject: Has anyone heard of these? Reply with quote

" FRESHWATER COPEPODS"

"THESE 1/2 INCH LONG SWEETWATER 'PODS ARE GONNA PUT THE B.S.ERS (BRINE SHRIMP GROWERS)AND DAPHNIERS OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY ARE SIMILAR TO THE SALTWATER 'PODS THAT I SELL HERE,ONLY THEY PREFER FRESHWATER. THEY ARE WAAY MUCH EASIER TO KEEP AND CULTURE THAN THAN BRINE SHRIMP OR THE OTHER FRESH WATER CRUSTATEAN,DAPHNIA. HOW MANY DAPHNIA CULTURES HAVE CRASHED ON YOU BECAUSE YOUR KID SNEEZED IN THE SAME ROOM AS THEM,OR YOU LOOKED FUNNY AT THEM ONE DAY ? NOT THESE.AS LONG AS THEY ARE KEPT AERATED AND THE NITRATES ARE NOT ASTRONOMICAL, THEY WILL NOT ONLY SURVIVE, THEY'LL THRIVE. AND REPRODUCE... AS FOR B.S. (AN APROPO DESCRIPTION ACTUALLY ), WE'VE ALL SPENT GOOD MONEY ON A PORTION OF BRINESHRIMP, ONLY TO HAVE IT TURN INTO A JAR OF FOUL SMELLING GOO THAT WOULD GET THE ATTENTION OF THE E.P.A. NO MORE! IF YOU HAVE A SPARE 5 OR TEN GALLON TANK, A SPONGE FILTER AND SOME WATER FROM YOUR LAST WATER CHANGE, YOU CAN GROW A TANK FULL OF THESE AND KISS THE EASYKILL LIVE FOODS GOODBYE ! AND WHATS MORE, THEY EAT HAIR ALGAE IN ADDITION TO ANY FISH WASTE OR FOOD LEFTOVERS ! PUT SOME IN YOUR DISPLAY TANKS IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH ALGAE, AND fUGEDABOUDIT ! DON'T WORRY THAT THEY'LL TAKE OVER AND MUNCH OUT ON YOUR PRIZE PLANTS. IF THERE ARE ANY KIND OF FISH IN THERE, THEY'LL KEEP THE POPULATION UNDER CONTROL.IN ADDITION TO THE COUPLE DOZEN 'PODS OF VARIOUS SIZES IN THIS STARTER CULTURE, I'LL ALSO THROW IN A COUPLE OF SMALL FRESHWATER CLAMS, THEY'RE FILTER FEEDERS AND AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION PIECE.(NOT EDIBLE BY THE WAY ) AND MAYBE SOME RICCIA FLUITANS OR ONE OF MY NEW MYSTERY PLANTS, COMING SOON TO AN AUCTION HERE. SHIPPING IS $5.5 AND THE BOX IS FREE. THE HIGHER ABOVE MY RESERVE PRICE THE AUCTION GOES, THE LOWER THE SHIPPING COST GOES. thanks FOR LOOKING ! <*>< ~ ~ ~"

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwinverts&1062994569

I'm just now starting to do a web search. If you have heard of these do you have any? How are they? Do the fish like them? What environment do they perfer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mike
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.09.06(Sat)11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do a google search on "FRESHWATER COPEPODS"

Loads of info loads up.

Too much too copy and paste into here
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.06(Sat)12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Irons is looking for personal experiences. I'm pretty sure he can handle the google search by himself. Wink
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: