Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tropheus Dubiosi??
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nprusse
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)20:50    Post subject: Tropheus Dubiosi?? Reply with quote

OK, www.cichlidpress.com has a wallpaper of a cichlid that they have labeled as troduboisi.jpg. I'm assuming that troduboisi= Tropheus Dubiosi. The deal is that the pictured cichlid looks very black except for a small amount of dark blue around its mouth with very white spots. I know that discription is sort of close to that of a juvenile tropheus duboisi, but its still not the same. I'm sort of new to cichlids, so does any one have any idea what that fish is?? Please e-mail me if you do: nprusse@uark.edu Thanks

-Nathan Russell
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.03(Wed)6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the juvenile form of Tropheus dubiosi. It's all through Ad Konings book 'Tanganyika Cichlids in their natural habitat' and he's associated with that website, as well. Excellent book, by the way, if you ever want a tang book. The adult form of T. dubiosi is very different. It's black with a yellow stripe down the middle.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: