Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
upgrading 10g to a 20g
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.01(Mon)13:01    Post subject: upgrading 10g to a 20g Reply with quote

I might be upgrading my 10g for a 20g I have a few questions.

I have a 5-15g whisper filter, I will only have 2 kribs in the tank do I have to buy a new 20g filter? or will this do because of the small bio-load?
I also have a 5-15 whisper heater, will I have to buy another heater for the 20, in Oklahoma it doesn't get very cold (but they expect a cold winter this year Rolling Eyes ) and our house stays about 80~. but If I do need a new heater (which I was planning on doing anyway) I don't need it till a little later do I?

TIA
Amanda Wink
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.01(Mon)17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest getting the proper filter, even with the lower bioload. As far as the heater, if you house stays as warm as you keep the tank, you could wait some time. I would suggest making that time as short as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mandy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input

My sister is going to take the whisper, and in exchange she's gonna buy me a new filter, But if the impellor (something like that) brakes within a year I have to buy a new whatever.

as for the heater I'll keep that one until in can save up enough money to go and buy one. after all I'll be draining my fish funds by buyng a new tank.

Amanda Wink
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.03(Wed)10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a new impeller for most filters. Most parts are avaible, so if it work you might be able to repair it without breaking the bank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: