Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What else am I able to put in my tank?
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ef_90
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.01(Mon)8:45    Post subject: What else am I able to put in my tank? Reply with quote

Hi, I have a new 10 gallon freshwater tank, with 2 bumblebee gobies, 2 corys and 1 zebra loach. Am I able to put more fish in the tank or is this already full?
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.01(Mon)22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Yeah. Um... I can't really word this delicately, but yeah. Your tank is done, and it's got some fish that probably shouldn't be in there.

Bumblebee gobies are brackish water fish. They're very tough, though, and I used to have some in fresh water. They lived quite a long time, and I used to defend keeping them in fresh, however, I've come to my senses, and know that they should only be kept in brackish conditions. They only lived 1 year in fresh water, and they would have lived much longer in brackish. So, you may want to consider either changing this tank to a brackish one, or possibly taking them back to the store.

The zebra loach will outgrow this tank, and besides, they're very friendly & social, and they like to have a school. A 10g tank isn't adequate for that, I'm sorry to say.

The cories are better suited to your tank, however, they do not like salt, so if you decided to go brackish, they would have to go back to the store.

So, perhaps you should decide which direction you'd like to take with this tank, and go from there?
ef_90
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I returned my 2 gobies and the loach but still have the corys. What other fish we'll do well with them?
WasFishy
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A school of Tetras and get some more cory's or maybe get 2-3 oto's Then your tank is full
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: