Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Equip for a 29g
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wormo3188
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.30(Sat)16:39    Post subject: Equip for a 29g Reply with quote

I am working on setting up my salt tank, or just planning one at the moment, I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with the SeaClone 100 protien skimmer? It would be used right now on a 29g tank that I am planning on setting in the beginning to only house fish and no corals. Also can anyone reccomend a hang on back skimmer that they had positive results with, I have heard that the best skimmers for this size tank are the CPR-Bak Pak and the AquaC Remora. I was just wondering could I get by seaclone?

Also, I will be getting live rock for this tank, and I was wondering would something around 25 lbs be enough to filter the tank which I am planning on only having 3 or 4 fish in it?

One last thing, for the sand, does it have to be a specific type, or can I use this purple/black sand that I got from the beach near my house?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

-Wormo
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back pak skimmers are pretty good the remoras are one of the best rated. For the lr 25 lbs should be OK for a fo about 1 lb per gallon is reccomended for a tank. But don't forget you still need circulation make sure you get some powerheads.

The best choice for sand is aragonite sand it helps maintain pH in the water.I'm not to sure about using sand off the beach some people have but keep in mind it may contain contaminents.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: