Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
temperature control
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gi4get
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)7:16    Post subject: temperature control Reply with quote

I'm moving back to school soon and will be buying a 20 gal. tank. I have a single room on the top floor of an unairconditioned buildin. My honey brought up an issue after he walked into my room to take some measurements. The blinds were up and the sun shinning in. The room had been closed all day with no circulation. He said it was sweltering. I plan on having the blinds closed during the day, window fans going 24/7 and the door open whenever I'm in the room, not to mention a floor fan. I'm hoping that will be enough to keep the temperature down. If not, any suggestions on preventing a fish fry?
McSamster
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always have a desktop fan pointing directly at the tank to lower the temperature.

I have a 20g in a very hot room, and near enough in direct sunlight. I have a heater where I can set the temperature. So due to the heat of the room, from sunlight etc. my heater is only set to around 40
Type-R
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSamster,
Quote:
I have a heater where I can set the temperature.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean one with a built in thermostat, you know where you just set the dial to temp x and it keeps it there? I only ask because you should set the heater to say 72 F and it will only come on when the temperature drops below this. Setting it to 40 F means the heater won't come on at all unless your water dropped to 40!

Anyways gi4get,
As long as you keep those blinds shut during the day and fans going I don't think you will have a problem. Smile
gi4get
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.30(Sat)9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always some sound advice Smile Thanks guys
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: