Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
electric yellow in community tank?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rotem
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.28(Thu)16:45    Post subject: electric yellow in community tank? Reply with quote

Can this work?
If it can what type of fish and tank size do I need for a pair of yellow labs?
Alex
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.28(Thu)17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend had her Electric Yellow in with some Tiger barbs and other fish when she first got him. He killed everything else in the tank so I wouldn't recommend them for a community tank unless it was with other Cichlids. We now have him in a tank with 4 other Electric Yellows and lots of rocks and they get along okay.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.28(Thu)18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow's may be the tamest of the rift cichlids, but that doesn't mean that they belong in with a community tank. I think I remeber someone saying they kept yellow's in a community. It would be an execption not a rule. Espically, with only one in the tank. Peferred water parameter wouldn't hlep the situation either. I suggest keeping them in dedicated cichlid tanks or in a species tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
arbo
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.28(Thu)20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my yellow labs with blue Pseu. Socolofi. The blue and yellow look beautiful together. So far a pair of the labs have produced about 10 babies, in a 55G tank, upgrading to 180G now.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: