Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Red Devil Mating with Red Parrot Fish
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: if the eggs are fertile and babies survive, I advise against selling them to any lfs, no matter how well you know the owner. Someone will forget to mention that these are hybrids, and some owner will purchase one or a few for their tanks with big fish, and oops, here we go again....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kiltee
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)11:59    Post subject: Interesting comments Reply with quote

Well everyone.. it's too soon to tell yet. I really didn't expect to see any eggs at all, but since they are there now, I'm going to wait at least until we see what is going on.

I would think what if I see any movement at all in the next few days that something in there is alive.. If Not then I'm pretty sure like the last poster said, the other fish will soon make short work of the bad eggs.

They will in any case be removed to another tank..

I'm still watching.. And love seeing these responses... Keep 'em coming Surprised

P.S. It was not two Parrots, it was a Parrot and a Red Devil..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kiltee
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.29(Fri)12:03    Post subject: to reassure you Reply with quote

I'm certain that these fish will not be sold to the pet store.

Under the circumstances of how the Parrot Fish were bred I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I have to say that the three we have are having no trouble eating or swimming at all.. They feed from the water, top, bottom with no difficulty at all.

They are our babies.. Smile

The eggs, (If they hatch, will be mostly fish food I'm aftraid). Some will be kept seperate by us and my sister. That will be that.

Kiltee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kiltee
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.31(Sun)14:10    Post subject: Thanks Everyone Reply with quote

Hi again

Thanks everyone for jumping right in and answering my questions...

Well the tale is told now.. The eggs were duds it seems.. I got rid of them this morning..

Nothing was ever going to come of them.. They had started to turn..

So rather than have the poor fish babysitting them for weeks, I just took out the cave.

I have not put it back yet.. they are still going crazy looking.. LOL

I feel so bad.. Not really, it had to be done.

Hopefully my Kribs will better at this.. Smile I've heard they are, but don't want to get too excited..

Thanks again all.

I hope I can post again with more questions..

Kiltee Wink
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: