Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cleaner wrasse
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)11:20    Post subject: Cleaner wrasse Reply with quote

My Cleaner Wrasse is dead. He was perfectly fine, he was eating everything I gave him and the parasites off the fish and everything and this morning when I went to feed him, he was upside down under a rock and was nibbled at a lot. Does anybody know how he could've died. The p.H and everything like that is at its normal levels so I'm very confused.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.09.07(Sun)5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted to your other post. Sorry to hear about your fish. Could anything in your tank maby have attacked it? Did you notice any aggression before it died?
GrendelPrime76
Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.07(Sun)14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your fish but I never heard of anyone who ever keep cleaner wrasses for any length of time
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.08(Mon)21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all my fish, I would have to say that my Hippo Tang was the most aggresive. He always wooshed the Cleaner Wrasse away with his tail and he's really aggresive when it comes to food to all the fish in my tank (royal gramma, 2 percula clowns, yellow tang and flame angel). The only fish he really doesn't bother in the tank is the Yellow Tang because he's about the same size as my Hippo and the Yellow Tang has showed him who was the boss of the tank so really he picks on fish smaller than him, well actually, he never picks on the angel or clowns but at the beginning he was aggresive with my Royal Gramma, he even stole his home the first day I put him in but now their okay together and neither of them pick on each other. You know what, actually, if he never picked on any of the other fish besides the Cleaner Wrasse and the Royal Gramma at the beginning, maybe he's just aggresive towards new fish because my Yellow Tang started out that way also, he wanted nothing to do with the new fish in the tank so maybe it's just something like that.
jaokoi
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.24(Wed)9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have had a lot of cleaner wrasses and always they died, but it was when my tanks where new, now my tanks have been going for almos half a year and I put some L. dimidiatus and eventually a couple of them managed to survived. Ihave read that they are very susceptible to nitrate picks. Thats all I know.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: