Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_TheOtherOne
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)22:45    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Just got the fishtank back up 20-25 gallon, can't remember. bought 3 tinfoil barbs, also I have an apple snail. Just wondering what else would work getting along with them.
Kunnagh
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick

When I asked a similar question a few weeks back, I was directed to the gallery on this site regarding tinfoil bards. Maximum size is 40cm, they'll reach 25cm easily - I've a feeling your tank might be a bit small for the fish you have, let alone adding extras... Sad

Check here:

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/gtinfoil.html
Danco
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

When/if you get a larger tank other barbs, danios and bottom dwellers like a pleco work well with tinfoil's I only had my tinfoils untill they were about 6" in length when they get larger than that might eat newly added smaller fish. I have seen them with ciclids I beleve they can hold there own with aggresive fish and adjust to there water parameters. tinfoils are a very active owner resonsive hardy fish they will recognize you when you walk into the room! Smile
Quod edero spinem
Popoculus nautus sum
Nick_TheOtherOne
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then how about 55 gallon tank is that still to small?
Choice Words
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, b/c tinfoil barbs grow from 10-14 inches and a standard 55 is only 13in deep. THat doesn't leave a whole lot of space for them to turn around. A 125 would allow you to keep tinfoils.

If you like their look, maybe you could get a school (6) of silver dollar tetras. These look similar, only grow to about 4-5inches and would look awesome in a 55.
Nick_TheOtherOne
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tinfoil barbs are now roaming about my tank playing tag leaving my snail alone, but when it comes to feeding time they seem to attack the apple snails tentacles they use to be pretty long but that is not so anymore. Mean little guys.. Evil or Very Mad
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: