Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New Puffer Owner!
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missyintx
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)21:18    Post subject: New Puffer Owner! Reply with quote

I'm so excited! I've been wanting some puffers for a long time, reading up on them, and finally had a well established tank I could turn into a brackish from fresh. So I went to one of my favorite LFS where the owner won't sell you any fish without making sure you have exactly what is needed to keep them healthy and happy. Well, I guess today was finally the day because I walked out with 3 Leopard Puffers I've had my eye on for a couple of months! They are all eating already, gave them a few bloodworms and then some krill. They *really* love that krill.
I've read that they like snails too. If I put snails in there for them, they will eat all of them, right? I won't have to worry about the tank getting infested with them will I?
Thanks for any tips or advice.
Oh, one more question...... how many times a day should I feed them? I feed my cichlids twice a day. Should they be on the same schedule or just once a day?
Thanks again.
Joel Lim
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting your puffers!

You can certainly feed them snails and you won't have to worry about infestations. You need to feed them snails to wear down their ever growing teeth or they may not be able to eat and starve. Puffers eat like pigs and should be OK to feed them twice a day. My puffs love frozen bloodworms more than anything else, even snails.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: