Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Freeze dried Tubifex worms.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan314
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)20:46    Post subject: Freeze dried Tubifex worms. Reply with quote

You know how you're supposed to press the cube up against the side of the glass and it's "supposed" to stay there? Well not with me, it always comes off the glass after the fish pick at it for like, 2 seconds. Mad Question
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.27(Wed)7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never stick mine to the side of the glass. I usually press them in a small cup of water. Then tear it into about 4-8 pieces and drop it in. It floats some still but it's nice and moist when it goes in the tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scrapper_511
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.31(Sun)3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience the trick is to squeeze the cube onto the glass quickly before it absorbs too much moisture where it loses its "stickiness". In other words, the dryer the cube is at the time of application, the better it will stick. So once the cube has been submerged, the sooner you get it out of your fingers, the better. Just give it a firm, quick squeeze and let go right away. Doesn't always work but that's my two cents.

Also, I never had this problem with Wardley's brand of Tubifex cubes.
lucky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.09.02(Tue)12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find I usuallly have to break the cube up then add the pieces to the tank. Otherwise th cube doesn't seem to absorb much water and just floats around the top of my tank.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: