Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Questions about my new 18 gallon community tank!!!
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JewelsRCute
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)14:53    Post subject: Questions about my new 18 gallon community tank!!! Reply with quote

OK, I had 4 zebra danios and 4 small ghost shrimp in a ten gallon tank. I bought this 18 and it's tall not long. I bought 6 glow light tetras and 6 neons, they sit at the bottom in their ball and the danios are at the top of the tank so I have this big space in the middle, is there any more room for some fish for the middle? and if so, what fish likes to swim in the middle of the tank? Also, could a figure 8 puffer go in there? my cousin has one in his tank with some neons and other tetras.
Kunnagh
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, JRC

Do you have plants in your tank? I have four Danios and they whizz between the middle and the top most of the time, between the stems of my Amazon Sword and the leaves of the Java Fern. Encourage the fish into the area! Might bring your tetras up a bit if they feel more secure as well.

Cheers!
JewelsRCute
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)15:32    Post subject: fff Reply with quote

I have many fake plants. I have 2 18 backround plants, hornwort and something else I don't know what it's called, to large about 10 inches in the middle and 2 small in the front about 3 inches as foreground plants and one big centerpiece rock with 4 caves through it. It pretty big, weights about 4 lbs. but is low to the bottom. My ghost shrimp stay in there. I notice the glow light tetras come up and then the neons will slowly follow them but a danio will go darting by and they all run down to the rock again.
Kunnagh
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your tank's quite new, then your fish might still be a bit nervous, and sticking to their 'comfort zones'. I've noticed my Danios stick together if anything unusual happens - strength in numbers and all that...

Cheers!
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this tank cycled?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JewelsRCute
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.26(Tue)16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was cycled, I had the danios before though so they had to go in early. They are doing fine though it's the tetras I don't get. The danios are zipping all over the place.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: