Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sera Florena plant fertilizer
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaM dA MaN
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.25(Mon)4:31    Post subject: Sera Florena plant fertilizer Reply with quote

Hey,

What do you guts think of this stuff? On the bottle it says that it only has iron and doesn't contain nitrate or phosphorus because it exists in abundance in the aquarium.
Isnt it true that in most planted aquariums nitrate and phosporus have to be artificially maintained? I'm not sure about my phosphorus levels but my nitrate is basically zero. So does this mean that I should dose nitrate and phosphorus seperatly.
Just in case you were wondering this is for my heavily planted 10g which has 2 wpg (adding more light soon) and DIY CO2.
Sparky
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.25(Mon)10:45    Post subject: Re: Sera Florena plant fertilizer Reply with quote

SaM dA MaN wrote:
Hey,

What do you guts think of this stuff? On the bottle it says that it only has iron and doesn't contain nitrate or phosphorus because it exists in abundance in the aquarium.
Isnt it true that in most planted aquariums nitrate and phosporus have to be artificially maintained? I'm not sure about my phosphorus levels but my nitrate is basically zero. So does this mean that I should dose nitrate and phosphorus seperatly.
Just in case you were wondering this is for my heavily planted 10g which has 2 wpg (adding more light soon) and DIY CO2.

yes you would want to dose iron, nitrate and phosphates all separately. nitrates from fish waste are quickly used up in a c02, high light, planted tank. dosing phosphates is a riskier job. you generally try to keep phosphate as your limiting factor in the tank, as having too much of it will quickly turn into an algae bloom. Buy a phosphate test kit and see where your levels are before even thinking about dosing it.
SaM dA MaN
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.25(Mon)17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you say the phosphorus level would have to be for me to need to add any?
I'll probly get a phosphorus and iron test kit some time.
thanks
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: