Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How much waste does a sole cory make?
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.08.21(Thu)23:37    Post subject: How much waste does a sole cory make? Reply with quote

Plotting to expand my cory trio in my 20 gallon to a quartet. Will an additional cory be a strain on my tank?

Residents: 3 mollies, 1 golden wonder killifish, 1 bristlenose pleco, tons of hornwort, java moss, 3 albino cories, and possibly a school of 6 cardinal tetras.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wormo3188
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.22(Fri)7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by possibly a school of cardinal tetras? Are they in the tank, or are you planning on getting them in the future?

Also, what type of filtration do you have and what are your tanks conditions? How long has the tank been established for?

I would say that the bottom of your tank is pretty full with the 3 cories and the bristlenose pleco, but it probably could hold the 4th cory. The question is what are you doing with the cardinal tetras, I would say that if you had the tetras, to stay away from overloading the bioload of your tank, and leave the cory out.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: