Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Filtration for a fish only 120 gallon tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avrumeleh
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I have to look into that spraybar idea....I don't know if it would cut doen more of the current than I'd want to, but it would make the current more distributed I'd think.

Until last year this time, I worked in Pearl River, so I know Beitels. If you've never been there, it's got an exceptionally good selection of marine livestock and the more you go there, the more you are amazed at what lives in the oceans. They are also big on equipment...just bear in mind that the owner of the store can be a bit aggressive and a bit condescending as though if you don't do it his way, you're some kind of shmuck, so just go slow with that. He obviously does know a lot but don't let him force you into any decisions without time to think them over. Who know's maybe I'll meet you there sometime.
monkey5150
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the bar Maddens? John sponcers our fall softball team...Funny small world..

I've been there you called it too, he is a bit aggressive and don't ever disagree!!! My jaw always drops when I go there.
29 gal Chaulerpa tank
20 gal fresh
Avrumeleh
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know Maddens and I've been there a few times. There's definitely no shortage of bars in Pearl River, that's for sure.

Hey Scott, do you keep freshwater fish too?
monkey5150
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have partaken in my share of bare-crawls there.
I am probably one of the only people who started with salt and then went back and upgraded his fresh water tanks. I always had a 10 or 20 gallon around but never really serious.

Now all of my freshwater is in my classroom: a 40 gal cichlid tank, 29 gal gourami tank, and (2) 18 gallon red eared slider and fish combo tanks but those fish are not ornamental. I had a 40 hex that actually split in the middle of class but as of last week the only guys left was M.I.A.

I have always done things backwards
29 gal Chaulerpa tank
20 gal fresh
Avrumeleh
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked about the freshwater tanks because there's a really good fish store in Nanuet for freshwater, it called Pets Place II, right next to the Toys-R-Us. They get stuff that noone else ever carries. They recently did the place over and have an incredible setup of saltwater but it's been about a year and a half and the town won't let them fill the tanks with saltwater because of some water issues but when they finally get that straightened out it's going to be very good there. I still go there regularly even though I don't work anymore and I live in northern Westchester.
monkey5150
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.26(Fri)16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds familiar I'll be in jersey tomorrow maybe another good place to hit..Smile

trying to finilize my sump issues as we speak SmileSmile
29 gal Chaulerpa tank
20 gal fresh
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to: