Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I have two danio questions (and a puffer question too)
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JewelsRCute
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.19(Tue)18:41    Post subject: I have two danio questions (and a puffer question too) Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good danio site? I have zebra danios but was wondering what other kinds are out there.

Also, would danios get along with puffers? At one of my local pet stores they have figure eight and avacado with some zebras.

My cousin who has three 55 gallon tanks has one figure eight with two zebras and some neon tetras among other things and they all get along fine but he said you can only have one because the puffers will fight. But they should be fine with danios. Is he right?
Max
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.19(Tue)22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the tank size I would say you could have Danios with a figure 8 puffers are on the slower side swimming wise while danios are faster figure 8s are also one of the less nippy of puffers.
T
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.20(Wed)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple puffers are alright as long as they have enough space and hiding spaces. I have a spotted puffer (and though I haven't had him very long) I've found that compatibility is pretty easy. If the fish is aggressive/curious or has really long, loose fins, it is a BAD idea. Anything else seems alright. Puffers are curious, but anything that isn't in the above category will be ignored after one inspection or chase. (Oh and fish small enough to eat are a bad idea too Wink )
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: