Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
puffer w/bloodshot eyes
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellisdtrails
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.19(Tue)3:32    Post subject: puffer w/bloodshot eyes Reply with quote

O.K. I think I should describe a previous fish's symptoms and death first. I've had 8 dwarf puffers for several months now that I put in a 55g tank that has been set up and going for atleast 1 year. Previously fry tank for piranha. Now here about three weeks ago I noticed one of the male puffers had an eye that was half filled with blood or what seemed to be, and was very lethargic and wouldn't eat. At first I thought it was from a fight with another male since they have been competing for the females. But, after having him in an isolated tank for a couple of days his other eye began to get what looked like a bloodshot vein around his pupil which never became as bad as the other eye. Sad to say after 5 days or so he died. Crying or Very sad Which brings me to my current need for help. One of my females is developing what looks like the same thing. On saturday she was seemingly fine, sunday though she was not. After turning on the light in the morning they all usually get active immediatly. Since sun. mourning she's moved from any one spot rarely, will not eat, and has the same bloodshot circle around both pupils. Though not as noticable as on the previous fish, I fear the same ending is inevitable unless I do something. I have searched every disease site I can find with no luck Confused Mad . I think I'm running out of time so, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: