Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
medication for betta
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bettagal220
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.17(Sun)13:13    Post subject: medication for betta Reply with quote

Hi.

I am thinking about breeding my bettas and know pretty much about everything I need to do. The only thing I don't know is what kind of medicine will keep the eggs from getting fungus. I think I know of a medication that has the word "Blue" in is but don't know the whole name

Please respond!!!!!!!!!
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.17(Sun)13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't find the information right now (@ work), I think most anti-fungal's will work. I believe what your looking for "methalyne blue". I found that by searching for "fungus AND blue".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.17(Sun)14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need methyalyne blue or any other medication. The eggs will not get fungused, because the male cleans them off. that's his job.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.18(Mon)9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Wipes Egg from face* I suppose I should give advice instead of blindly answering questions. Sorry about that bettagal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.18(Mon)12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not like your advice is WRONG, Irons. It won't hurt to add the meds, except that I prefer not to add meds unless absolutely necessary.
Sorry if I was unclear, I was posting in a hurry.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: