Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cycle status
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff J.
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.16(Sat)17:03    Post subject: Cycle status Reply with quote

Current stats:

Nitrate = 5-10ppm
Nitrite = greater than 5(!!)
Ammonia = 0-.5ppm
pH = 7.4-7.8
KH = 179ppm or 10dKH
GH = 89.5ppm or 5dGH

It is a 10 gallon tank. Started with 4 Black Neon Tetras. Added 3 more BNT and now have a total of 7 Black Neon Tetras.

I started the tank on July 19, 2003. I was doing 1 gallon water changes a few times a week. A few weeks later, on August 10, 2003 I added the three new Black Neon Tetras and started making 20% (2 gallons) water changes twice per week.

Now, August 16th, I have the above readings of the water. I haven't changed any water since Wednesday.

What do you all think my cycle is doing? Where do you think I am. My Nitrite seems really high!

I have no live plants. All decorations came from the LFS. I have a undergravel filter and a nice thick layer of black gravel (1.5 inches).
My temp varies a bit because of the two 25watt bulbs and my tank heater, but it stays between 77 degrees F and 81 degrees F.

Anyone's thoughts?
Jeff J.
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.17(Sun)18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refreshing post.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.18(Mon)9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll about halfway through your cycle. It's not finish until both Ammonia and Nitrites read zero. You may want to do enough water changes to get the Nitriite under 5PPM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: