Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Feeding clown knifefish
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtomber
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)21:46    Post subject: Feeding clown knifefish Reply with quote

I am having trouble figuring out what to feed my clown knifefish.
I have had it for 3 days and it will not eat anything. I prefer to feed it anything but live food.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find out what the previous owners/lfs fed your knife.

From what I have seen and read, most clown knifes eat only live food---and must be "trained" to take other food.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bohica
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.08.15(Fri)22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fed various knives, cichlids, catfish and even arrowana on large freeze dried and frozen krill and really any chunky food very easily.

The "trick" is to make whatever your feeding seem alive. I use an extra thin wooden skewer. Just impale your choice of food on the long skewer and give it a realistic wave. It usually works and is great fun also.

A real charge is feeding my 28" Red tail cat this way. He resides in a 220 gallon tank and has eaten this way his entire life.

Just as an aside his new home (an indoor 350 gallon pond) is almost ready! I can't wait to move him in there! Very Happy

Bo
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: