Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How to Setup new 55 gallon.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazman338
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)7:19    Post subject: How to Setup new 55 gallon. Reply with quote

I am going to be setting up a 55 gallon fish tank to replace my 29 gallon aquarium. My 29 has its bioload maxed out. My 55 gallon tank cannot be cycled before I add the fish. (No Room) I was planning on taking the fish out of the 29 putting them in buckets temporarily. Then take all the gravel out of my 29 and put it in my 55 with the new gravel I am goiong to buy. I am also going to put a fluval 404 on my 55 and put some carbon and zeolite in it will this work.Or will I kill my fish.
Mario
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazman, congrats on getting a larger tank. You are definitely on the right track for moving up. Just one suggestion on how you can virtually instantaneously cycle your new tank. Just add the Fluval 404 to your 29 gallon tank for about a week. Bacteria will colonize the filter and become an invaluable reservoir when you move your fish to the 55 gallon.

Have fun with the larger tank and keep us updated on how things work out... mario
Kazman338
Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man I try that and let you now what happens.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: