Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Troubled Dad... My Caeruleus having babies. Help!!
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctwdanny
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.13(Wed)9:14    Post subject: Troubled Dad... My Caeruleus having babies. Help!! Reply with quote

can anyone kindly lend a helping hand. My Caeruleus is having babies in her mouth. what to do? and in my tanks there are about 10 males and 20 females. I never thought that they will breed as I only want to ve a beautiful tank for myself to watch only. So what should I do? Do I take the mother out? because I am afraid if she let the babies out, the rest will eat them up. or do I partition the tank and chase the rest to one side? Help. And when she finally let her babies out, do I separate the mom and the children? If so, how should I raise her kids?

Thanks
Confused Dad
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could move the mom to a seperate tank, or put in a divider(latter is apt to be less stressful if the other fish cannot see her on the other side). Be careful during the move as she may spit out the eggs/babies....but will gather them up again.

The main reason to seperate them is to keep the males form harrasing her while she is holding...the babies are usually left alone.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: