Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
making frozen bloodworms sink
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papercup
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.13(Wed)4:25    Post subject: making frozen bloodworms sink Reply with quote

hi!

I have this problem feeding my Black ghost knifefishes. The only thing they seem to like to eat are bloodworms(frozen). My problem is that some of the frozen bloodworms don't sink. I'd like to have them organized in my cone feeder so that they won't scatter all around the tank.

I haven't tried live worms yet, but right now I'm stuck with frozen bloodworms. Any info will surely help!

Thanks guys!!
EndlikeriEskort
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.13(Wed)12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that float can be placed inside a piece of PVC, and then drop the PVC into the tank. That way, when they float, they will only be pushing on the top of the PVC. Or you could get a large eel-feeder. Or you could use tongs and put them in front of your ghost knives.
tropical laura
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an idea! When feeding bloodworms thismorning to my fish, some floated so I wiggled my finger around in the water where the floating bloodworms are and they slowly sank to the floor of the tank.

Laura
Max
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.14(Thu)22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you took them out of the freezer for a while let them thaw then put the unthawed worms in the feeder then froze them again fell fre to call me stupid but just a thought.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: