Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Oto behavior and eggs
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RySites
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.10(Sun)20:02    Post subject: Oto behavior and eggs Reply with quote

Hi everybody...got some q's about otocincluses (otocinclusi?)
1) I caught one of my oto's on its back 'sucking' on the surface of the water. Is this normal or is my fish insane?

2) I saw some eggs the other day on some plants. They were white with a black spot...sorta like little rice. Now I know they didn't belong to the betta. Could they be the ghost shrimps, snails or the oto's? I hope it's the oto's but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone have any pics of oto eggs?

Thanks and have a great day.
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.12(Tue)18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably isn't getting enough oxygen. I know otos like lots of current. Or is he just going up to the top occasionally to get a mouthful of air? Mine does this and I don't worry about it since it's not all the time.

I dunno about the eggs, could most likely be snails if you have them. But then again you never know. Rolling Eyes Are they on the underside of the leaves or on top?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: