Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
maracide by mardel correct dosage??
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qieter
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.06(Wed)14:55    Post subject: maracide by mardel correct dosage?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought maracide by mardel to treat ick and it said at the back 2 capfuls per 10 gal....what does it mean by 2 capfuls? is it the bottle cap? it seems way too much for 10 gal....please correct me if I'm wrong....and is there a better medication for ick? cos I really want my trimac and fahaka puffer to recover from this thanks a lot

vic
Type-R
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.08.06(Wed)16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vic,

That sounds like a huge overdose to me, would probably kill everything in the tank! I'm pretty sure the dosage for Maracide is meant to be 1 drop per gallon for five days or only 1 drop per 2 gallons for tetras.

Hope you havent put 10 capfuls in yet! Shocked

Cheers

Type-R
Madkour
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.12(Tue)22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

the maracide formula changed recently, so whereas the old stuff was administered in drops, the new stuff is administered in three treatments (one every other day) using 10ml per 10 gallons. no water changes in between are necessary if your levels are where they should be. I don't know what kind of results that will give you, but that's what they recommend.
by the way, they say that activated carbon that is over a week old is not likely to absorb meds. I don't see why they would say so if it weren't true, as it has no bearing on the sale of their product, but I would like to know what you guys think.
zaphod beeblebrox
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.08.16(Sat)18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had great results with the new maracide. It made my clown loaches' ich go away for good.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: