Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ropefish and cichlid?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.08.02(Sat)14:12    Post subject: Ropefish and cichlid? Reply with quote

Would a trio of ropefish get along with a Jack Dempsey? I'd think if at all, the tank would have to be, what, along the lines of 125 gallons?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
EndlikeriEskort
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.02(Sat)18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work. I would be careful though, as since ropefish are out during the day, when the Jack Dempsey's out, you should be careful that he doesn't get eaten. I keep my freshwater moray with my oscars because my moray's only out at night, and my oscars only at day. So, if you do decide to set up this tank, then you should watch the fish to make sure that they don't get eaten. I think maybe 3 ropefish and 2 severums would be better Wink . 125 gallons is enough.
Batman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.17(Sun)6:11    Post subject: Nope Reply with quote

I have had experiance with ropefish and I'm pretty sure it won't work. I know that American cichlids are more aggresive than lake malawi cichlids. I tried putting a ropefish in a tank with electric yellows and red zebra cichlids and the cichlids killed it. But if you are going to try anyway GOOD LUCK!!!
10 Gallon Planted
1 Chinchilla 1 German Shepherd
Assorted Reptile Species
EndlikeriEskort
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.20(Wed)12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ropefish are definately compatible with south american cichlids, as I have done it before.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: